Friday, November 07, 2003

I really like how "blogging" gives people a sense of community. I mean, I'm keeping up with people I care about who live in my own house as well as across the country and across the world through their blogs on the web.

And, now, blogging apparently has taken this sense of community to new levels! Check this out...

There are a couple of college co-eds at OU who have a blog site called Mad Pony (which, by the way has one of the funniest blogs about a girls' perspective on baseball that you should check out). One of the girls blogged about how she had a negative senior prom experience due to an untimely break-up. Then, a blogger on the east coast go the idea to invite her to his senior prom and got some other bloggers to go with some of his other friends. They've even got people contributing money for plane fares and such. How cool is that?

Naturally, they will all be blogging about their experiences. It could end with her being prom queen or having a Stephen King "Carrie-like" experience, but either way, I'm IN on hearing about it all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home