Sunday, September 14, 2003

Working with teenagers, I can't pass up a headline like "If your teen won't talk to you, there is this movie..." and I found some provocative quotes, from Clarence Page (Chicago Tribune) in an article about the controversial movie "Thirteen."

"When your own teen won't tell you what is on his or her mind, you can look for clues wherever you can."

"Movie message alert: The root cause of teens-from-hell is parents-from-hell." (I didn't say I agreed with all this provocation...I mean, the root cause of teen behavior is selfishness)

"If kids want anything from their parents, it is to be heard, even at those times when they don't seem to want to talk to you."

Good stuff, eh? I'm kinda wanting to see the movie now, even though the same article says, "...if you are the kind of parent who takes your teen kid to see a movie like Thirteen, you aren't the kind of person who needs to see it." Besides, I usually love low-budget, high concept movies...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home