Friday, September 12, 2003

Just thinking today about little things I'd really like...

I'd really like for my wife's knees to buckle every time we kiss. I'd really like it if my office window opened on days like today in Dallas (drizzly and cool). I'd really like a tatoo of "Woody Woodpecker" a la H.I. McDonough and The Lone Biker of the Apocolypse in Raising Arizona (althought a red Swingerline stapler tattoo would be pretty good, too). I'd really like to see the Blue Man Group when the come to our area on November. I'd really like for my little blogging community to get together for dinner at my house during the Thanksgiving holiday when all of them will be in town. I'd really like a complete set of Nirvana's music on CD (I got into them when cassettes were big). I'd really like it if my county voted to approve a tax to get public transportation started in our area. I'd really like it if Christians distanced themselves from words like "American," "First-class," "winner," and "Republican." I'd really like it if Kelsey could experience the feeling of a clutch hit to win the game for her team. I'd really like it if Shelby got to be Clara in The Nutcracker. I'd really like it if Buford--the greatest of all dogs, ever--could age more gracefully than she is. I'd really like it if Lloyd--the apprentice--could be half the dog Buford is. I'd really like to be more like Jeremiah (the prophet, not the bullfrog). I'd really like to teach a seminar at the Youth Specialties youth ministry conference (you'd think after 15 years of this I'd have something to say). I'd really like to be as cool/smart/funny/gifted as my sister. I'd really like to write a song as good as "I Was Wrong" by Social Distortion or "Charmed Life" by their lead singer Mike Ness...

Now that I think about it...I really would like to get back to work on the Bible study I've been putting off...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home