Friday, October 17, 2008

Baseball Update

I've only had a passing interest in the MLB playoffs underway these days...been busy, so mostly keeping up with it via SportsCenter or news highlights.

But last night during a break in a meeting somebody said the Red Sox were down 5-0 early.

So, when I got home from the meeting, it was tied in the 9th at 7. I watched the last inning and after watching baseball my whole life, when I saw Evan Longoria make that error that started the rally...

...when it happened...

...I thought, "You can't give a playoff savvy team that kind of chance because they'll make you pay." They did, in a very exciting finish.

My next thought: That throwing error might just've been the thing that cost them the series. That's right. The series. Even ahead 3-1, those are the kinds of mistakes that haunt an upstart team like the Rays. Even down 3 games to 2 in the best of 7 series, the momentum belongs to the Red Sox who came back to win 8-7 after being down 7-0.

But, man, what an exciting finish. A team playing all summer fighting to stay alive in their last at-bat? High drama. And anyone that says baseball is dull has no idea of what they're talking about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home