Wednesday, March 26, 2008

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...about getting another tattoo. I still think my artist puts a substance in the ink of the ones he's already done so that I'll crave new ones.
...that the local hockey team's limp toward the playoffs leads me to believe it'll be another first-round exit.
...that I've GOT to get back to the gym starting in April. I wonder why diet & exercise seems to be the first to go out the window once I get busy.
...that it's pretty cool that Pennywise is giving their new CD away for free if you became their MySpace friend by a certain date. Well, I am their MySpace friend and they're sending me the link today sometime. For those of us that believe in supporting musical artists (which means abiding by the rules of downloading...i.e., paying for it somehow) this is kind of cool.
...I'm still pretty excited about R.E.M.'s new CD and Moby's new one as well. Both are released on April 1 and both have gotten favorable reviews.
...my study of Jeremiah is still as exciting as it was when I started months ago. I rarely tire of that book.
...I can't believe some of the photos that high school students will post on their Facebook or MySpace pages.
...I can't believe that some of my former students who post their photos on Facebook or MySpace pages don't think that their current college life choices aren't easily discernible from the photos they post. Those of us who went to state school football factories know the stories behind the photos, generally speaking, kiddos. And, don't be surprised if your old youth pastor asks you to grab a cup of coffee. Remember the general rule about you asking me to coffee if you want to go and I'd only ask you if there's something I'm feeling particularly strongly about? Yeah. Some of you will be getting that phone call next time you're home for the weekend. Just giving you a "heads up."
...sometimes a good steak with good friends talking about old times and talking about the excitement the future holds is one of the best ways you can spend your evening.
...I kind of get tired of having all these ideas for artistic endeavors (I even have one that would involve painting--the problem is that I don't paint, can't draw, etc., but I think it's a really cool idea) that don't seem to come to fruition.
...that it hit me recently that this summer I'll have been married 20 years. That's in a row, people. Frankly, it's more a tribute to my wife than anything else, but it's still something to get excited about.
...that we'll actually be taking a true vacation this summer as a family. That's something else to get excited about.
...yes, I know. It's been a while since there's been a Margaux update. I think I need a photo fix myself.
...that I'm planning on teaching something for fun this summer and I'm excited about it.
...that my friends Dave & Penny are spending their last Sunday at CBC this weekend. It's the first time I've worked with somebody for so long and it's a strange feeling to be both pensive about them leaving and excited for their future.
...that I have to get going to work today, and I'm kind of late getting started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home