Sunday, November 25, 2007

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that it might get old with Auburn beating Alabama six straight times in the Iron Bowl (that's never happened in Auburn's history), but, well, I was wrong. It's just as much fun as it ever was! In fact, here is a running counter that counts the exact length of time it's been since the Evil Empire has beaten us!
...that it's so cool that my friend Keila was in the newspaper today in the "metro" section as our community's "Good Kid" for the week. In my opinion, she's been a "Good Kid" for much longer, but I'm glad she got publicly recognized. It's usually pretty cool to get your name in the paper.
...that you should RUN, not walk, to go see "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium." No, not if you have kids (although any kid over five would love it). Everybody. Now. To the theatre. You will NOT regret it.
...that it's nice to have in-laws who stayed the entire week, and when they left this morning, you kinda miss 'em.
...that Kid1's car needs to get new tires and I don't regret using the moment to teach her how to change a tire. She had to do it on Thanksgiving Day, and she put on the donut, drove it to the shop and got it patched. The patch didn't hold. So, today, she'll change the tire, put on the donut and I'll go with her to buy new tires.
...that Kid1's also taking part in Dallas-area necessary tradition: The DFW airport pick-up run for a friend. Another teaching moment. Man, the teen years seem full of those and you always have to make sure you're crossing t's and dotting i's.
...Tracy got an inordinate amount of Christmas shopping done already. Now we're in that awkward time where you kinda have to ask if it's okay to buy that CD or DVD you might want to watch or whatever you might grab on a spur of the moment.
...that it's kind of cool to have to get new clothes for Christmas. Not that I care about clothes or whatever, but because of my diet/health-kick thing my clothes are a bit loose. I'll have to hit the gym extra hard starting tomorrow because when you have an old-school Southern woman in the house for a week, your refrigerator fills up with stuff like pies (current leftover: chocolate peanut butter cup pie. Yes, you read that right.) and tupperware full of all sorts of delicious treadmill-inspiring fare.
...it's time to call the wood guy to bring the annual half-cord of firewood. I still can't bring myself to go with the gas logs in the fireplace. Yes, I went to the gas barbecue grill (are both of those words necessary there...or is it either-or?) and am okay with that on sheer practicality, but, manalive do I love a "real" fire and the sounds and smell that come with it.
...it still feels weird not to be going to church today. Part of me wants to check out a local church this morning that I've heard good things about, but it's hard when you work at a church, to simply go and enjoy the teaching and friendliness and music without going into analysis of it all. You know...stuff like "we should do that, too" or "because of that, we should change this." It becomes work and for some reason it's hard to turn that off.
...my dog is exhausted. He's a creature of routine and his routine has been blown apart this week with increase of people in our home this week and he could use a couple of days of lounging & napping.
...I can't decide if I should clean out the garage tomorrow or wait until my next round of off-days. I'm hesitant because I might want another day of lounging & napping. I'm a creature of routine and my routine has been blown apart this week with the increase of people in our home this week.
...smokin' hot shutterbug trophy wife gets really busy, what with all the folks wanting Christmas card pictures. She's off to shoot the higer-order barnstorming Sentz family next weekend--which reminds me, we need to Skype as I could use a Margaux fix pretty soon. Not sure I should wait a week on that deal.
...I kinda miss my other neice and nephew, too. Thanksgiving wasn't the same without hearing Peyton spout off about how Bama will win every game they play for the next 10 years and updating me on all his athletic endeavors (he's on the wrestling team these days) and watching some cartoon DVD movie (I know I would've gone with "Surf's Up") and constantly harrassing my partner-in-crime Katelyn, who dishes it right back.
...I think Kid2 pirated a gift we purchased for Katelyn by hiding it from the in-laws last night when they packed and I just remembered we forgot to load it this morning. Oh well, that's what UPS is for.
...I'm on the last book in my book stack.
...that I should go finish that book and get ready for serving my dog by having a long nap today, after I supervise the changing of the tire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home