Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hello Darkness My Old Friend

The first sermon was heard while the weed-eating and edging were being done.

The second was finished while the final strips of the back yard were being mowed.

Since I still had some sweeping to do, and still had to put the hammock & grill back in their normal spots (along with a couple of pieces of outdoor furniture), I chose Tom Petty's "Swingin'" as the musical background to the chore.

Still had some sweeping to do so I needed a short song with some energy so I could rally to complete the job. I chose Pennywise and their "Bro Hymn."

I start sweeping...sans sound.

Hmmm.

Check the iPod. Somehow, the photo of Tom Petty's album cover is halfway on the screen and "eywise" is on the other half. On the left half underneath that is "o Hymn." This isn't good, but doesn't seem anything more than the apple web site's "5 R's" can't handle.

I start with "reset."

The colorful apple logo shows up pretty quickly.

Then a computer with a frowny face appears. There's also a triangle with an exclamation point.

Checking the website for a description of this logo reveals that I need to bring in my iPod to the Apple Store for diagnosis.

I guess we'll see if those folks at the Genius Bar are as smart as advertised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home