Monday, February 05, 2007

Little Things That Make Me Happy...

I was just thinking about things I like. Here's some:

Malbec from southeastern Austrailia.
Moby.
Sunday newspaper sales flyers.
Free weekends from cable suppliers to preview movie channels.
Previews at movie theatres.
The Apple retail store.
IKEA furniture.
Fires with real wood in the fireplace with chili for dinner.
Snow skiing.
Manhattan's existence--just thinking about it.
My eclectic collection of coffee mugs--none match but they all have a story.
The coat Tracy got me the Christmas we got engaged that I still wear.
The stupid movies and shows I have on DVD.
Books.
The sense of community that blogging helps create.
Being asked to perform wedding ceremonies.
My iPod.
Dogs.
Clever commercials.
Hammocks.
A really good pizza place.
Rain and/or sleet & snow.
My wife sitting in her chair with the blanket over the space heater to make a little heat tent playing Snood on her laptop.
Naps.
Laughing with the student ministry staff over brainstorming ideas.
The passion of teenagers--even when it misfires or goes haywire (that's usually when it's most enjoyable).
A round of disc golf (of which I may take in this afternoon after lawnmowing. Yes, lawnmowing, in February).
The sports radio station in DFW called The Ticket (very funny stuff).
Just knowing (and I used that word measuredly) that my higher-order life-liver sister Jilly might be at the apex of the life-happiness index very soon if she isn't there already.
Getting new music.
Hearing a really good sermon.
Keeping in touch with friends from high school and college.
Having a good set-up with Tracy's family.
Spaghetti.
My Birkenstocks--even with the holes in them (or should I say "especially" with the holes in them?).

And that's just "stream of consciousness" for a few minutes. You know, I really am in a "good place" these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home