Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Wedding

One of my occupational hazards is that I get to perform wedding ceremonies. Last night pushed me into the 30's as far as number performed. The "hazard" part of that is I get to see the father of the bride stuff...knowing that one day, most likely, my time will come to be that guy.

And I wonder what thoughts and emotions will be going through my head when I see her in her dress that day.

And I wonder what thoughts and emotions will be going through my head walking down the aisle with her.

And I wonder what thoughts and emotions will be going through my head as I kiss her on the cheek and put her arm on his.

And I wonder what thoughts and emotions will be going through my head as I sit next to her mother.

And I wonder what thoughts and emotions will be going through my head as I prepare to, and make, a toast.

And I wonder what song she'll pick for us to dance to...and the thoughts and emotions at that time.

And I wonder what thoughts and emotions will be going through my head when she leaves the ceremony in the limo.

Last night, the bride was beautiful and all that stuff happened.

And it's somewhere between 4 and 20 years when it's my turn.

Such is the deal when you have daughters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home