Thursday, January 19, 2006

A Very "High Fidelity" Moment

My friend Bailey turned 16 on Tuesday and was pretty darn excited about it all. The requisite license to drive was obtained yesterday, so I decided to put together a CD of tunes to drive around in her parent's convertible with her friends. Made the playlist and burned it right then and there...iTunes makes it so darn easy.

You know, starting with general songs good for driving with the top down (Tom Petty's "Running Down A Dream," U2's "Beautiful Day," etc.) and evolving into songs I'd imagine a car full of girls could sing ("Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer, "Love Rollercoaster" by the Ohio Players, etc.) and then closing with songs appropriate for an upbeat end to a fun day ("What A Wonderful World" by Joey Ramone and R.E.M.'s "End of the World"). There's really an art to making a good playlist...and the soundtrack really can have an effect on the mood.

Anyway, I've been feeling a bit short on creativity these days and I can't tell you how many people this week have asked me about the book(s) I'm supposed to be writing, so I need my faithful Diner readership to come up with a playlist for me of songs that help you get into or enhance the creative mood...

...I'll start: Song 1, "Listen" by Collective Soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home