Saturday, January 28, 2006

Off To A Great Start

It's raining. For those of you not in Texas, that might not mean much, but for only the third time in 165 days, it's raining.

I've got coffee in my oversized mug that has "Seattle" on it in big letters over a photo of the skyline there.

I've already picked up the Saturday donut ration for the girls. Chocolate milk is in the fridge.

The Dallas Morning News was sufficiently wrapped in plastic by my paperboy for the rain today. I'll remember that when his Christmas tip envelope arrives.

Dog in the chair next to me...taking his late "early-morning" nap.

One of the best sermon series I've listened to in a couple of years is on the iPod. I've already listened to it once. About to start again.

(Rabit trail begins) Our Winter Bible Conference, featuring Dr. John Hannah--a former seminary professor of mine--had so much stuff that the Christian community in America needs to hear that I can't believe we're not offering it on podcast on our website. But pick up a set of CD's. I can't endorse it strongly enough...it'll encourage you in your walk with Christ more than you know. (end rabbit trail)

The demands of the job have once again pushed into my Saturday. There is much to do. But I can tell you this much. It can wait another hour. I'll enjoy this moment of peace, quiet and solitude. They're more rare than I like these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home