Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Party Schools

I work in a world in which the people I'm with are in the process of choosing colleges. It never fails that some teenager will begin a sentence with a phrase similar to this, "Well, I was thinking of going to Joe Schmoe State but I heard it's the #1 party school in the country."

Or, "Man, I hear that Joe Schmoe State was voted #1 in the Maxim magazine girl-watcher's poll."

Those rumors were rampant when I was in college. Things like, "I heard the Playboy voted us the #3 party school in the nation." This was the same school that, allegedly, Billy Graham said that if he were to send his kids to a state university, it would be ours.

In fact, I never found out if those things were true or not. No one ever produced a magazine or article as proof.

Until today!

From www.princetonreview.com, here are the top 20 party schools based on a survey regarding drug/alcohol use, hours of study per day & popularity of the Greek system:

20) Maryland
19) LSU
18) Florida
17) U of New Hampshire
16) Tennessee
15) Texas
14) West Virginia
13) Penn State
12) Georgia
11) Tulane
10) Loyola-New Orleans
9) U of Massachusetts-Amherst
8) Iowa
7) Ole Miss
6) Indiana
5) State Univ. of New York-Albany
4) California-Santa Barbara
3) Lehigh
2) Ohio U.
1) Wisconsin

Notice the SEC has 5, the Big 12 only one. Maybe it has something to do with football...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home