Thursday, November 10, 2005

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that I'm not exercising enough.
...that despite the Indian Summer we're having in Texas, I haven't had nearly enough hammock time.
...that I'd give a lot of money if I could to make life slow down a bit.
...that teenagers don't drop by nearly as much as they used to.
...that my wife is really good at pretty much everything she tries to be good at.
...that my daugthers are the same way my wife is.
...that my dog could not be more spoiled or sorry.
...that I'm having an extreme case of writer's block.
...that I'm still on a Social Distortion concert high--still listening to their CD's more than a week after the show.
...that this cold will not go away.
...that I'll miss a big weekend of college football (Alabama vs. LSU & Auburn vs. Georgia) because of my daughter's softball tournament, but it'll be well worth it.
...that you can schedule a softball tournament in Texas in mid-November doesn't seem odd to anyone.
...that I'm pretty pumped that we're having lemon chicken for dinner tonight.
...that when it comes to world events these days, for some reason, I'm calloused.
...that when it comes to local elections, the things put up for vote didn't stir much passion in me, either.
...that I'm pretty darn proud of my former students who are heading off to China on a mission trip in a week or so.
...that I still haven't made out my Christmas list, which is usually a November 1 tradition.
...that it's pretty cool that there really isn't much I want to put on the Christmas list (life must be pretty darn good if that's the case).
...that I really ought to go to work right now instead of doing this to try to get out of my writer's block.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home