Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Yesterday...

The Good...

...I had a breakfast with Katherine and Goliath. Good food, good conversation, good time.
...the baseball playoffs began.
...the hockey season began, and fall weather appears to make another attempt in Dallas.
...I watched a "rough-around-the-edges" teenager find a place of acceptance in our ministry.
...I had dinner with my oldest daughter who regailed me with middle-school minutae that I found very funny.

The Bad...

...I forgot the topic Katherine told me I should write a book about, and at the time it seemed like a good idea.
...the Yankees won and my local team didn't make those baseball playoffs.
...nobody else seems excited about hockey season starting because it's a niche market and it's 95 degrees here.
...I watched another "rough-around-the-edges" teenager fall apart at the seams.
...I haven't spent much time with my youngest daughter lately.

The Ugly...

...I shot down Katherine's book idea with the usual arguments I give people when they tell me to write a book.
...The Braves (the NL team I always pull for) always exits in the first round of the playoffs.
...hockey really is irrelevant, but I maintain it's one of the best spectator sports.
...working with teenagers is win/lose anyway, and it's hard on the emotions.
...those emotions are often hard to divorce when you spend time with the family.

...and my mom went into the hospital for dehydration. It's not a huge deal to fix that, but only 6 days into chemotherapy treatment and she's already dehydrated. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home