Thursday, June 16, 2005

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that being a girl in America today is tough, guaging that opinion on the reality that some of the most beautiful girls I know struggle with "image issues"--despite the fact that everyone around them sees them as amazing.
...that the Texas Rangers seem to be having trouble deciding if they want to "win now" with veterans or "develop and win big later" with younger players, and that very indecision will ultimately hurt both philosophies.
...that I'm very excited to take my daughter to Auburn for her softball camp next week, and am curious as to what my time around the campus will raise in my memory bank. I haven't been back there in over 10 years.
...I have some tough questions to ask some people I'm discipling.
...there is plenty of blame to go around in the case of the missing girl in Aruba. When I read that there was like a 1 to 25 adult to teen ratio, my youth ministry 1 to 7 ratio guage went off in my head. And an 18 year old girl should know never to get in a car with strangers.
...that it's hard to be idealistic to the idea that justice might be blind when it appears she can see dollar signs quite clearly.
...I'm slipping back into bad diet habits due to warp speed work details right now.
...that my annual review of my staffers is going to be rather enjoyable this year (even moreso than last year) unless they have some curveballs about ME they're going to throw.
...trying to define and model authentic worship for teenagers is difficult, especially when the one mode of worship I enjoy the least (singing) is the one that most people equate with worship.
...National Treasure is a really good movie.
...so is The Emperor's New Groove.
...I'm not seeing enough of Shelby these days as she's the queen of sleepovers and pool parties, and when you combine that with my being out of the country and leaving for a week on Saturday, I guess I'll have a lot of time to make up.
...I'm pretty excited about writing my sister's wedding ceremony. After seeing the location and getting the "vibe" of the outdoor place, it has the creativity going on that deal.
...a lot of old friends are getting in touch with me lately by e-mail.
...I'm really looking forward to the release of Donald Miller's new book (hey Wes, did I lend you his other one?) as it's about his struggle with the loss of his dad at age 13 so I think it might be very personal for me.
...my daughter is anxiously awaiting the release of the final installment of the Harry Potter series, and making arrangements to grab a copy since we're in San Francisco at that time.
...that I need to get on with my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home