Sunday, June 26, 2005

Nice Summer Day

Yesterday my family had a lazy morning. Kelsey and I watched the highlight DVD of Auburn's football season while Tracy read the paper and Shelby blogged.

Around lunchtime I went to the car dealership to get my license plates and all that for the new wheels--and the dealership had a free lunch on Saturday of which Shelby and I partook.

Then the family went to get gelatto at this little ice cream shop in town.

We followed this by taking my car to get washed by some local kids trying to raise money for a competition in another state. They did a good job--even if Tracy's window was washed by no less than 5 different kids (the car wash certainly could've been more efficient, but it couldn't have been more thorough)--and the washed all the dead bugs we collected from Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas.

I napped. Tracy and the girls went to the park. Lloyd went, too...but the heat wore him out so he came back and helped me nap.

Shelby headed off to a movie with some friends, and we ordered pizza. They got hung up in some forensics show on the discovery channel and I headed off to the hammock for some reading...good book, too.

We finished up the day by piling into the big bed and watching Will Farrell on Saturday Night Live from earlier this season. We laughed a lot together.

Oh yeah, and I ignored the yard work. It can wait until Monday. I need more Saturdays like that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home