Monday, December 06, 2004

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that I wish I'd kept in touch with more of the guys in my wedding. I'd love to see how they're doing these days.
...that I wish I'd kept in touch with more of my friends from high school, although with the most recent reunion we're doing a better job of that.
...that it's a drizzly Monday again, which no big deal, but the reality is that my disc golf game has been shot (since my day off can possibly lead to that kind of behavior) and that our softball playoff game will be rained out for a 4th consecutive week.
...that coffee with my daughters each and every Monday is a profitable investment of time, although more money to Starbucks and their plan to homogenize America (along with Old Navy, et al) doesn't really do it for me.
...that if it rains out my game tonight, I'm going out to watch the Cowboys game at a new sports bar/cafe that opened in town to see what this HD craze is all about.
...that I'm really easy to buy gifts for.
...that my wife is really difficult to buy gifts for.
...that my time off last week did more for me than I thought as lots of creativity and energy is back in my processes.
...that I'm tired of reading all of a sudden. Six books in 10 days'll do that.
...that I can't believe how young lots of the teenagers I discipled are getting married. When they start getting married their sophomore year of college, no matter how spiritually mature they are, it seems so young to me. Maybe I'm just getting old.
...God is really teaching me lots of things right now, too fast and too deep to process fully at the moment.
...that my garage is already disheveled again.
...that now that the book idea is outlined and all, the excuses are pretty much over for letting the idea wait.
...that it takes more courage to write on a blank page than most people can imagine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home