Friday, May 28, 2004

So, today I'm thinking...

...some teenagers and college kids (with all the Passion conferences and such that are all the rage), believing that they're trying to grow deeper through a "worship experience," don't see the irony that they're settling for something that is actually more superficial than they realize.
...that Calgary will win the Stanley Cup this year because they play better on the road, even though Tampa Bay probably has the better team.
...that people who lament that the 65 million people who voted for American Idol are more than voted in the last few presidential elections aren't thinking that if you held the election on TV and allowed everyone to vote as much as they wanted by phone or text messaging that you'd actually have way more than 65 million votes for president.
...thunderstorms are enjoyable experience from a distance or sitting in your house.
...I need to clean out the garage.
...not a day goes past that I don't think most people should not be allowed mobile phones.
...there was some really good music written in the 1980's that most people never heard (people have heard of U2 and REM). Elvis Costello, Talking Heads & The Replacements come immediately to mind.
...baseball really is dull to dull minds.
...I can't buy any more books until I finish the foot-high stack I'm working on and Barnes & Noble keeps taunting me with "great summer reading" that makes me want to buy them.
...there are very few movies that, upon watching the trailer or commericial, initially interest me anymore.
...the "vibe" of a community slows down when the kids are out of school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home