Friday, May 21, 2004

Awards Day

So, I get this letter to come to the school. My oldest Daughter, Kelsey, is going to win an award.

It's happened before. She won a student of the six-weeks award from an individual teacher. She got named a "Lamar Leader" by the teachers. Things like that.

I was highly surprised to go to the year-end awards day for her grade and find that my daughter wins "Student of the Year" for her grade (of which there were actually two, due to "block" scheduling requiring teacher "teams").

But, I'll tell you this: Maintaining a "father's poker face" is more difficult than you can imagine when your daughter has a day like she did. And both my daughters give me days to try to maintain it.

I've given up trying to figure out how I have such great kids. I've decided to just enjoy them. I lead a charmed life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home