Friday, April 02, 2004

My Morning Routine

A while back I blogged about how much I enjoyed the solitude of my mornings. The occasion at that time was my kids had spent the night out and the little missus was sleeping in. The problem was that after I had finished my morning ritual of Bible study/prayer/coffee/newspaper reading/blogging that no one was beginning THEIR wake-up ritual...which is actually part of MY morning ritual.

Today was just the opposite. Kids were up earlier than usual. A neighboring kid was over because her mom had to make an airport drop-off. They played with the dog. The older kid was showering, which, for the last month, daily, we've been treated to the tunes of the faux-goth music group Evanescence...and our house isn't big enough to NOT hear it no matter where you are. (Can anyone PLEASE tell me when they're putting out a new CD? They're actually pretty good, but I know all the lyrics to all the songs now). My wife reads aloud the first paragraphs of newspaper articles that interest her. The good thing about that is that we have similar tastes in what grabs our attention so at least we've got that going for us. At some point, she'll turn on the television to some morning news show that will mix graphics, forced banter and crowd shots of tourists. Oh, good...there's Diane Sawyer now.

Chaos ruins my morning routine today. It makes me feel like my whole day will somehow be off balance. I wonder if all our days will somehow be off balance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home