Thursday, March 25, 2004

Today, I'm...

...considering torching all my journals I've kept since late high school.
...wondering why I'm so fascinated with Seattle. I've never been there, but give me an overcast day and some drizzle, and I fire up my "Emerald City" coffee mug and bust out the Mudhoney Greatest Hits CD.
...trying to decide if my crepe myrtles will come back after the beheading I gave them two weeks ago.
...trying to ignore the siren song of Major League Baseball's spring training. I'm supposed to be mad at MLB/Texas Rangers ownership for grievous sins against the paying customers.
...mad at "night guy" who decided to stay up and watch the west-coast Stars' hockey game last night. We won in overtime, but "morning guy" is a bit tired at the moment.
...laughing at various Beavis & Butt-head sayings rambling around in my brain.
...wanting to work hard in the office today so I can take a "comp" day off tomorrow as I haven't had one since the ski trip (how silly does that sound?).
...wishing that Tracy didn't have to have a root canal next week.
...wishing that Kelsey didn't have to get a hearing aid (but at the same time, glad that kind of technology exists!).
...wishing Buford, the greatest of all dogs even at age 15, could get around like she wants to get around (I can see it in her eyes).
...want to write the essay rattling around in my brain, but process is process. My ideas need to simmer until they literally boil out of me, and this one ain't boiling yet.
...glad I'm employed and get paid for doing what I love.
...hoping it doesn't rain so I can play croquet with my girls (I taught them how to play two days ago and they love it, even though they spend more time trying to croquet the other balls rather than winning).
...wondering what my friend Cristina is doing hoarding all the "super soaker" water guns.
...not at all upset that I can't/don't dance.
...enjoying the memory of my junior/senior guys Bible study last night. The guys and the study are a blast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home