Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Shelby's Birthday

It was 10 years ago today that Shelby came into my life. It started in the afternoon. It was a comparatively short labor against the one her sister created. And I had a flight for a job interview in North Carolina at 6AM the next morning. I stayed at the hospital until about 10PM the night before, just holding her.

The next morning I listened to her breathe on a phone in the Charlotte airport. I still sit at her bedside some nights and listen to her breathe.

She's brought flair into my life. She dances. She's witty. She's smart. She snuggles. She has a great laugh. She views life as a grand experience and is my early morning buddy. What else could you want in a daughter?

Happy birthday, Shelby. I can't believe it's been 10 years already...a full "two-hander" now. They're really going too fast...and I suspect they won't slow down. I'm so proud of the young lady you are today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home