Sunday, August 24, 2003

Orange. Six days in a row of orange!

That's the air quality index/rating for the Metroplex for today. It'll be purple in some spots, too. Insert diatribe for a public transportation that works right.......................here.

I know. Rant against SUV's and stop-and-go traffic. Rave about car-pooling. Get excited about the recent DFW-area focus group to address the problems. Nothing changes, and nothing's even planned to change until about 2027.

I'll tell you this, though. I'll gladly change a myriad of my transportation habits if my child's elementary school class could actually play outside during a school day instead of being relegated to the gymnasium every day. I'll gladly sell off a vehicle with all it's maintenance and insurance and registration if my kid could get ready for practice without a dose of Nasonex. I'll sweat through Texas heat to do it, too.

Until further notice, I'm riding my bike to work. I hope it isn't purple in the spots I ride through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home