Thursday, June 26, 2003

Jimmy Buffet was recently quoted as saying that if there was a heaven for him, it would certainly have a beach in it.

If I could submit a list to God of things I would like in my dwelling place in His mansion, the list would include the following:

Starbucks chairs, and lots of them, for friends to hang out and have long, meaningful conversations...a cellar full of Johannesburg Reisling wine from Napa Valley...a freezer full of Blue Bell ice cream in a variety of flavors, but heavily stocked with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough...plenty of children, ages 3 to 7, belly laughing...a view of whatever baseball field is there (any theologian worth his salt will tell you that baseball will be the game of choice in the afterlife...haven't you ever seen "Field of Dreams?")...the atmosphere at the Eternal Worship Service at a minimum level of Jordan-Hare Stadium right after the game winning touchdown (if you've ever been a part of that, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about)...my wife and children close by...dogs, preferably black labs (any theologian worth his salt will tell you cats have no place in The Kingdom)...weather of the Pacific Northwest (trust me, Texas weather will be the exact opposite of heaven)...Legos, probably just falling from a lego infested waterfall...Sesame Street sing-a-longs...Grunge music, too (Country music will dominate the netherworld, just ask the theologians worth their salt)...

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Hey, I'm really not a complicated guy...at least I try not to be. Any thoughts on YOUR wish-list for eternity?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home