Friday, November 13, 2009

Slight Delay

I'm sure many of you stopped by to check on the football picks for the weekend (although I can't imagine why with my picks going 2-8 last week against the spread, continuing the season-long abysmal effort) and maybe some of you were wondering about the next installment of the FloMo Diaries (yes, there are a couple of more coming)...

...but the football picks will be delayed a day (and the Diary entry will be coming maybe Monday) because, well...

I was here last night:





Yep.

Son Volt at the Granada (with Retrophisch, who took the photos).

Let me simply say that they didn't disappoint...

...and, well...

...when they played Afterglow 61 and Jukebox of Steel...

...our Tribe could learn a lot about what it means to play music that has meaning with great passion from those boys. Those 6 minutes were transcendent. The rest of the show was very good, too. I need more nights like that in my life.

And, yes, I got a t-shirt, which will move into heavy rotation with my Social Distortion shirt from the same venue a few years back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home