Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Things I Never Thought I'd Hear Myself Say, Installment 4,268

"Today my oldest daughter, her art-school friends, and one teacher, leaves for 24 days in Europe to check out museums and such."

They're doing it on the cheap, the way young people should, with hostels and peanut butter for lunch and all, but still, it's...

...London.
...Madrid.
...Barcelona.
...Rome.
...Florence.
...Luzern.
...Paris.
...and finally, Amsterdam.

The high art moment of my summer will be if I can catch the fountain at the Shops at Highland Village doing a water dance before the kids play in it.

I'll miss Kid1.

But, while I can't give her much, this is one we could. I'm glad we can do it, and I can't wait to see the kid that comes back and how she's grown from it all.

Godspeed, Kid1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home