Friday, December 26, 2008

A Little Movie Fun

There's a blog meme going around where you choose your 15 favorite movies, then put a quote from each one and allow the readers to guess which ones they come from. The only caveat is that you can't Google them or look them up on any website...you just have to know them off the top of your head. So, here's some from my 15 favorite movies (in no particular order):

1. "Yeah. The funny thing is - on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook."

2. "We'll get him. We'll get him. Man, dont worry about that, we'll get him. And when we do, we'll blow up his car, do something. I can guarantee you that. What makes me furious is thinking about the look on Bob's fat face, thinking he pulled one over on us. I tell you another thing. If our paths cross again, you're gonna see a side of Dignan that you havent seen before. A sick, sadistic side, cause I'm furious at Bob."

3. "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

4. "In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history, an ancient race of people... the Druids. No one knows who they were or what they were doing..."

5. "'Empire' had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All 'Jedi' had was a bunch of Muppets.'"

6. "I'm a professional killer."
"Do you need postgraduate work for that?"

7. "This is your one opportunity to do something that no one has ever done before and that no one will copy throughout human existence. And if nothing else, you will be remembered as the one guy who ever did this. This one thing."

8. "Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.' He was a funny guy."

9. "Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it. Last off, my students will learn about self respect. You think anybody thinks I'm a failure because I go home to Starla at night? Forget about it!"

10. "I got a question. If you guys know so much about women, how come you're here at like the Gas 'n' Sip on a Saturday night completely alone drinking beers with no women anywhere?"

11. "How did you even generate enough pee for three pregnancy tests? That's amazing..."
"I don't know, I drank like, ten tons of Sunny D... Anyway dude, I'm telling you I'm pregnant and you're acting shockingly cavalier."

12. "Hey, baby! I noticed you have braces. I have braces too!"

13. "You want to find an outlaw, hire an outlaw. You want to find a Dunkin' Donuts, call a cop."

14. "If there is anything that this horrible tragedy can teach us, it's that a male model's life is a precious, precious commodity. Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident."

15. "Well, that's all the time we had for our movie. We hope you found it entertaining, whimsical and yet relevant, with an underlying revisionist conceit that bullied the films emotional attachments to the subject matter."
"I just hoped you didn't think it sucked."

Just so you know, I went a little more obscure on the ones those that know me well will consider "obvious" choices for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home