Friday, July 11, 2008

Whew! That's Good To Know.

Excerpted quotes from Wednesday's Washington Times, from McCain's top economic advisor, Phil Gramm:

"You've heard of mental depression; this is a mental recession."
"We may have a recession; we haven't had one yet."
"We have sort of become a nation of whiners."
"We've never been more dominant; we've never had more natural advantages than we have today."

And the kicker:

"Misery sells newspapers," Mr. Gramm said. "Thank God the economy is not as bad as you read in the newspaper every day."


Well, Mr. Gramm, I feel so much better knowing that this is all in my head.
Well, Mr. Gramm, I feel so much better knowing that we might eventually get into a recession.
Well, Mr. Gramm, I feel so much better knowing how much you value the things we speak about if they're our reality.
Well, Mr. Gramm, I feel so much better knowing that the good old U.S. of A. is kicking the world's economy around.
Well, Mr. Gramm, I feel so much better knowing that the media is cooking all this up to make a buck.

I can't wait to get to the gas pump and tell the guy I'm only paying $1 per gallon of gas because in my world that's what it costs.

I can't wait to tell my boss he'd better be a little more generous with the paycheck because I now know our situation is really that we're all fat & happy with extra cash.

I can't wait to write letters to politicians saying what's on my mind, knowing that you're going to give it the attention it deserves.

I can't wait to get to Europe and make a killing on the exchange rate. I'm gonna buy more stuff and travel there more because the dollar has so much clout there.

And I can't wait to see what those crazy Orwellian news editors will cook up next to turn our utopia into dystopia, and then they can all join country clubs and hang out with their reporters who are making small fortunes.

Sheesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home