Sunday, January 20, 2008

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...another wedding last night & another group of clods taking flash photography & camera videos. This must stop, people. Pronto.
...that the DMN sportswriter listed the "10 Best Days in Sports" and included NFL Championship Sunday and had two golf finals, but left out the MLB home-opening day? You've got to be kidding me. Opening Day is everything that's good about sports.
...speaking of sports, Auburn fans should do everything they can to keep basketball coach Jeff Lebo. I don't know of any coach in the NCAA that gets so much out of so little.
...the poltical realm couldn't be more boring to me right now.
...that one of the dumbest laws I've ever heard is that it's illegal to make a backup copy of a DVD you purchased or put it into your computer or video iPod. I mean, it's legal to put a CD you purchased onto up to 5 different "machines" and make unlimited personal backup copies. How are music & movies different regarding this?
...I'm reading a lot more fiction these days and not very much "Christian Inspiration" (that's how Barnes & Noble categorizes them) and I think my life's a lot better for it.
...speaking of Barnes & Noble, they fixed the issue I mentioned about a book called "The Passion Test." It's a book for discovering your talents with help for what jobs use them, and I mentioned in an earlier blog that it was categorized incorrectly at our local bookseller (it was in whatever their "relationships & sex" section, presumably because of the title). It was in "self-help" this time, which is actually just one bookshelf over from relationships & sex, but they got it right this time.
...I really do enjoy when I recommend a movie that I know someone will enjoy, they take me up on it, and truly appreciate the recommendation.
...it finally feels like winter here in Texas as we've been in the 30's at night for like two straight days.
...that you realize you really don't want it to feel like winter in Texas as it exposes the reality that we should've re-caulked the windows--if not downright replaced them--over the summer.
...that I've got friends who are selling their homes right now and it kind of reminds you of the little nickel & dime kind of repairs/touch-ups that need to be done. They're spending a lot of their weekends & nights hustling to complete those little things that add up.
...that if the folks that nominate movies for Oscars don't include Into the Wild and Juno then this year's winner for Best Picture won't have gone up against the very best.
...that I wish I didn't have to work Wednesday night as the Foo Fighters are in town and I think that'd be a really good show by an underappreciated band.
...that buying replacement hubcaps is more expensive than I thought it was going to be...even at used hubcap places.
...that the view from the 42nd floor of Dallas' Cityplace--which looks at the skyline from a northeast perspective--at night doesn't suck.
...that watching your children become more independent mixes up about 15 different emotions, of which you experience that mix significantly at some point during your day--every day.
...that women have a skewed perspective on how many men view dancing at parties. Interestingly, they label those that don't enjoy it as "no fun" and have little trouble saying that aloud. Most every guy in the place last night either didn't do it, or only did it because their spouse dragged them to the dance floor.
,,,that I'll be glad when we get our summer schedule nailed down. We've got too many moving parts right now and can't seem to nail down some vacation time. This should wind up soon, though.
...that I've got a lot to do today even though there's plenty more rambling around in my brain, but I'd better get on with my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home