Sunday, July 03, 2005

"Good Old Days" Syndrome?

When I was younger, the G-8 Concert to raise awareness for poverty in Africa would've been very high on my radar. Live Aid was...and I remember very distinctly watching it all-day on MTV. I even gave some of my college cash to the cause that day.

I tried to watch the event, trying to be a good global citizen and all that jazz...

But MTV wrecked it for me.

I mean, is there any way to just show the bands live like you did 20 some years ago without 40 different camera angles being cut to every 6 seconds? Oh yeah, could you please shut your mouths about how "cool" the event is? We know it's cool, and I'd rather hear the bands and see the images than listen to your "vj's" (do they still call them that?) cut in to tell me how cool it is and how awesome the crowds are?

Maybe I'm just getting old.

But I liked MTV better before they became The Establishment...back when they were thumbing their nose at The Establishment and taking themselves too seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home