Sunday, April 18, 2004

Prom

There's a little tradition in our student ministry in which the "kids" come over to my house with their dates to show Tracy and I what they're wearing to their Senior Prom. Another tradition is that they wear their prom clothes to church...but I like seeing them a bit more fresh-faced and excited. They'll be a bit tired at 10:45AM and hair/make-up will have been re-done by then.

Anyway, each year, I cannot get past how grown up they look, especially since I've known most of them since their middle school years.

The first two young ladies that got to my house were literally breathtakingly pretty. I'm sure they were all that way, but everybody kind of arrived at once and things got hectic and I didn't get to see all the others individually before the paparazzi-like photo barrage began. A couple of guys came in top hats and great tuxedos (even a Texas A&M inspired white and maroon one) complete with canes, there were pink sneakers, blue flip flops, wraps, etc. Nice little pieces of individual flair.

I really like the little tradition, too. About 30 kids in my front yard, complete with friends & parents checking it all out. It's really pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home